A song composed or any musical work created in a physical form is entitled to be protected. Therefore, in order to limit the risk of the work being copied, the song's author, the music owner, should register the copyright.
Minh Khue Law Firm guides clients all the steps in the process of copyright registration of songs and music works for clients to conduct procedures quickly - efficiently - most economically.
1. Why do you need to register copyright for songs and music works?
Music is now one of the entertainment facilities, helping people relieve stress, worry, it is also a way to help people develop emotions and learn many things through melodies and lyrics sing. Therefore, the music works, the songs after being created are expressed in certain material forms such as images, tapes, discs, recordings, printed music and lyrics of the work, ... the song/music work author should register the copyright to avoid unauthorized copying or use, or to be registered copyright by another person / organization first leading to influence on the author's own interests.
The registration of copyright of songs and music works will bring the following benefits to the authors and copyright owners themselves:
- Being granted copyright protection by state agencies;
- Copyright registration certificate is the first legal basis for competent state agencies to settle disputes arising from songs and music works;
- Authors and copyright holders have the right to request individuals / organizations to terminate copyright infringement of their works, or request competent state agencies to handle acts of violation according to law provisions;
- Copyright registration certificate is a basis for other subjects to know whose music works, songs, from which, to make accurate decisions about receiving transfer of rights to use or transfer copyright of songs and music works in accordance with law;
- Registration of copyright songs, music works is a form of songs, official music works to be known to the public through property rights of the author / owner.
2. Dossiers of registration of copyright of songs and music works
According to the provisions of the current law, copyright registration documents of songs and music works include the following papers:
- Copy of copyright application in the form issued by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism to apply uniformly nationwide;
- Power of attorney / Contract authorizing service providers to register copyright of songs and music works;
- A decision to assign a task or a contract to compose a song or musical work in case the company assigns an employee to compose or hire another person to compose a song or musical work;
- If the copyright owner is an individual, provide valid ID / Citizenship / Passport of the author of the song or music work;
- If the copyright owner is an organization, provide a copy of the business registration certificate;
- Prints of paper works including lyrics and music;
- The author's commitment to the song, music work on his own creation of songs and music works.
3. Where to register copyright for songs and music works?
The owner of the song, music works can apply for copyright registration in one of the following three addresses:
- Copyright Office: No. 33, 294/2 Alley, Kim Ma Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi City
- Representative Office of Copyright Office in Ho Chi Minh City: No. 170 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Representative Office of Copyright Office in Da Nang city: No. 01, An Nhon 7 Road, An Hai Bac Ward, Son Tra District, Da Nang City
4. Procedures for registering the copyright of songs and music works
To register a copyright, a successful musical work, the author owner or author or authorized representative performs the following steps:
Step 1: Prepare papers and documents in the application for copyright registration of songs and music works
Step 2: Apply for registration at competent state agencies
Step 3: Follow up the copyright registration documents for songs and music works (may need to amend and supplement the copyright registration file)
Step 4: Receive the certificate of copyright registration of songs and music works
5. Time to register the copyright of songs and music works
Pursuant to the provisions of the current Intellectual Property Law and the guiding documents, the time of being granted the copyright for song and music registration certificates is 15 working days from the date the Copyright Office receives a valid application for copyright of songs and music works.
Note: The processing time of 15 working days is calculated from the date of submission of a valid application, therefore, in some cases, even though you have submitted an application, you are still not eligible for a Copyright Certificate for songs and music works because the documents are not correct and not enough, so they have to edit and supplement the dossiers, the time may be longer.
6. Service of copyright registration of songs and musical works of Law Minh Khue
Minh Khue Law Company Limited provides all services related to the Intellectual Property field including copyright registration of songs and music works including:
- Counseling and answering all legal problems for customers related to copyright protection of songs and music works;
- Counsel and search information related to copyright registration of songs and music works;
- Counsel and authorized representatives on behalf of clients perform procedures in the process of registering copyright of songs and music works;
- Advising on the provisions of law and guiding clients to compile their own copyright registration documents for songs, music works or through the use of Minh Khue's law drafting service, We will complete the profile for you;
- Guiding clients or drafting complaints and denunciations of violations of competent state agencies according to regulations (if any);
- Complaints of decisions related to the grant and cancellation of the validity of copyright certificates;
- Counseling and answering legal issues related to the enforcement of copyright of songs and music works in accordance with the law to protect the rights and best interests for customers.
>> Counseling for free copyright registration, call: 0986.386.648
Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung participated in answering the 24h Program about handling copyright infringement on the Internet
7. Why should you choose the services of Minh Khue Law?
Clients should choose the service of copyright registration of songs and music works of Minh Khue Law Firm for the following reasons:
- We have full functions, human resources and experience to provide services to clients not only in registering copyright but also registering related rights, registering Industrial property including registration exclusive logo registration, trademark registration, patent registration, ...;
- The team of lawyers with high expertise, extensive knowledge, practical experience always gives customers the most satisfaction with quality service, leading reputation in the country;
- Save time, costs, clients just need to provide information of the author, copyright owner, song, music works, the rest works we will carry out all for you quickly and effectively.
Lawyer Le Minh Truong participated in the open 60-minute program on protection of intellectual property rights on VTV6
8. Cost of registering copyright of songs and musical works of Law Minh Khue
We provide copyright registration services for songs and music works to clients at the service cost depending on the needs of clients' services:
- Online consultation via call center 0986.386.648,
clients only have to pay telecom charges due to network regulations;
- Consult the order and procedures via email with a fee of 200.000 VND / Email service: email@example.com
- Service fee for registering copyright of songs and musical works with full package service: 2.000.000 VND / 01 music work (or song);
- The state fee that the customer must pay when registering copyright of songs or music works: 100.000 VND / 01 copyrighted work.
9. Contact information for using the service of Minh Khue Law
Clients wishing to use copyright registration services for songs, music works or other services in the field of intellectual property please contact us directly via:
Service requests via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawyers/legal experts of Law Minh Khue will receive information and send advice letters, detailed quotes to clients for each specific case.
Or clients can come directly to our headquarters for advice, quotation and contract signing: 2nd Floor, FAFIM Building, No. 19, Nguyen Trai Street, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi City
Look forward to cooperation with customers!
Intellectual Property Department - Minh Khue Law Company