Table Of Contents
- 1. Why should you register the inventions in the area of combinatorial technology?
- 2. What are inventions in the area of combinatorial technology?
- 3. How to register the inventions in the area of combinatorial technology in Vietnam?
- 4. The process of registration for inventions in the area of combinatorial technology in Vietnam?
- 5. Where to register the inventions in the area of combinatorial technology in Vietnam?
- 6. Contact to register the inventions in the area of combinatorial technology in Vietnam?
1. Why should you register the inventions in the area of combinatorial technology?
Combinatorial technology is about a combination of existing or emerging inventions in an innovative way rather than about reinventing the technologies. Companies can better satisfy the demand of customers or market and gain a competitive advantage by combining the right mix of two or more disruptive technologies. This industry has so much potential to develop in our modern life and inventions in this industry can worth so much money. Therefore, it is very important to protect inventions in the area of combinatorial technology. And one of the most effective ways to protect an invention is to register it with the competent state agencies (in Vietnam, the competent state agency is the National Office of Intellectual Property - NOIP) for a patent. With a paten, the owner of the invention can receive outstanding advantages as below:
- The owners of an invention will have the exclusive right to use the invention in products of specific products or providing specific services. No third party is allowed to exploit the benefits from the invention without the permission of the owner. This is the biggest competitive advantage for a company to build a position in the market and beat other competitors.
- The owner will also receive legal protection from the authority. The patent will be a legal basis for the competent state agencies to handle any infringement and resolve disputes related to an invention. In case there is a dispute that occurs related to the ownership of the invention, the owner only needs to present the patent of a registered invention in order to prove the ownership. The patent will save so much time, effort as well as money for the authority and parties to resolve the dispute.
- The registered invention will bring economic benefits to the owner in different ways. Firstly, it can bring profit for the increase in the revenue from selling products and services that are based on the invention. These products/services will have higher value but still attract more customers, because people often love new technologies. Secondly, the owner can also receive a passive income source from transferring or licensing the patent.
- Finally, the patent will help a company to create an image of an innovative company, thus making a good impression to the business partners. The patent can be used as a property to contribute to the capital of other companies of business projects.
2. What are inventions in the area of combinatorial technology?
In general, the Vietnamese intellectual property law defines an invention is a technical solution that applies the principles of nature for the purpose of solving specific problems. The technical solution of the invention can be presented in the form of a new product, technology, machine, apparatus or a method or process.
A technical solution can be protected in the form of an Invention Patent or Utility solution Patent. The general requirements for the invention in order to be granted a patent are: the novelty, creativeness and capability of industrial application.
Under the International Patent Classification, established from The Strasbourg Agreement (1971) for the purpose of creating an international system to classify inventions in a uniform manner, inventions in the area of combinatorial technology are classified into Class C40 of Section C. This Class contains the following products or methods:
- Directed molecular evolution of macromolecules, e.g. RNA, DNA or proteins;
- Methods specially adapted for identifying library members;
- Methods of screening libraries;
- Libraries per se, e.g. arrays, mixtures;
- Methods of creating libraries, e.g. combinatorial synthesis;
- Apparatus specially adapted for use in combinatorial chemistry or with libraries;
- Tags or labels specially adapted for combinatorial chemistry or libraries, e.g. fluorescent tags or barcodes;
- Linkers or spacers specially adapted for combinatorial chemistry or libraries, e.g. traceless linkers or safety-catch linkers;
3. How to register the inventions in the area of combinatorial technology in Vietnam?
A dossier of patent registration for inventions in the area of combinatorial technology shall include the following documents and papers in accordance with the provisions of law:
- 02 copies of Declaration Forms for Invention Registration;
- 02 copies of Description of Invention and 02 copies of Patent Protection Requests;
- 02 copies of Brief introduction of Invention ( these documents can be submitted later);
- Copies of the receipt of payments for the application fees (if any);
- Other related documents, if any (for example the documents to prove the priority right or the right to register, power of attorney, etc.).
4. The process of registration for inventions in the area of combinatorial technology in Vietnam?
>> See also: Logo registration service for individuals and companies
Normally, a dossier of patent registration for inventions in the area of combinatorial technology in Vietnam shall go through the procedures as below:
Step 1: The applicant submits an application to the competent state agency (directly or indirectly via post).
Step 2: The NOIP will assess the patent registration application in terms of formal requirements.
Step 3: The NOIP will publish the information related to the patent application in the Industrial Property Official Gazette if it satisfies the formal requirements.
Step 4: The NOIP will assess of the patent registration application in terms of content of the application.
Step 5: If an application meets all the conditions according to the law, the NOIP will issue an Invention/Utility solution Patent after the applicant pay the issuing fees.
5. Where to register the inventions in the area of combinatorial technology in Vietnam?
The current intellectual property law of Vietnam requires foreign companies or individuals to apply through industrial property representative organizations if they want to register their inventions in Vietnam. Minh Khue Law Firm is an industrial property representative which was licensed from August 2017 by the NOIP, with the representative code is 226. We helped a lot of clients register their invention successfully in Vietnam as well as in other countries in the world.
The Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm will carry out all the procedures for the client. Our office based in Room 2007, 20th Floor, C2 Building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Tran Duy Hung Street, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi city.
Person in charge of the Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm:
Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Phone number: + 84986 386 648
The completed register dossier will be submitted at: National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
Address: 384-386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan Trung, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi
6. Contact to register the inventions in the area of combinatorial technology in Vietnam?
Please contact: Minh Khue Law Company Limited
Address: Room 2007, C2 building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Trung Hoa ward, Cau Giay district, Ha Noi city.
Phone number: + 84986 386 648 - Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Intellectual Property Department - Minh Khue Law Company Limite