Table Of Contents
- 1. Why should you register the inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry in Vietnam?
- 2. What are inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry?
- 3. How to register the inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry in Vietnam?
- 4. The process of registration for inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry in Vietnam?
- 5. Where to register the inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry in Vietnam?
- 6. Contact to register the inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry in Vietnam?
1. Why should you register the inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry in Vietnam?
The area of inorganic chemistry is a very important area of science not only in Vietnam but only in every country in the world. The inventions in this area could solve huge issues in our life and bring economic benefits. However, the situation of copying and stealing inventions is getting more serious. Therefore, companies, organizations and individuals who own the inventions should carry out the procedure of invention registration with the competent state agency in order to protect the invention as well as enjoy the following benefits:
- Create a competitive advantage for the owner of the invention and protect the invention from the situation of being copied or stolen by companies, organizations or individuals in the market without legal permission. The owner of invention will have exclusive rights to apply the invention in the manufacture of new products. Thus, enhancing the position of the company that owns the invention in the market.
- Prevent other companies, organizations or individuals from registering the invention before you. In that case, you would lose the inventions and it will cause huge damage to your company.
- If there is any dispute related to the ownership of the invention, the authority will base on the patent to identify the legal owner of the invention and apply appropriate action in order to handle violations, claim compensation for infringed inventions.
- Increase the chance of success in the business operations of the company because a patent will create a good impression and trust to customers and business partners of the company. Thus, ensuring the sustainable development of the company.
- Make the patent become an asset to be contributed to the capital of other companies or investment projects. The owner can also receive extra profit from selling or licensing the invention.
With the above reasons, every company, organization or individual should carry out the procedure of invention registration as soon as possible. The sooner you register your invention, the greater the benefits you receive.
2. What are inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry?
In general, an invention is understood as a technical resolution that applies natural laws to solve a specific task. A technical resolution may be one of the following forms:
- Products in the form of objects, e.g. tools, machines, equipment, components, circuits, etc., or
- Products in the form of substances (including single substances, compounds and mixtures), e.g. materials, foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals, etc.; or products in the form of biological materials, for example genes, genetically modified plants/animals, etc.;
- The process or method of manufacturing; diagnostic, predictive, inspection, handling, etc.
According to the provisions of law, an invention shall meet the following conditions in order to be protected in the form of an Invention patent or Utility solution patent:
- It is novel;
- It is creative, not common knowledge;
- It can be applied industrially.
The nature and characteristics of inventions will define the type of inventions and the Class that the inventions will be classified into according to the provisions of the International Patent Classification. The inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry are classified into Class C01 of Section C and this Class contains particular products or methods as below:
- Non-metallic elements or compounds, such as Hydrogen; Hydrides; Water; Synthesis gas from hydrocarbons; Halogens; Oxygen; Oxides or hydroxides in general; etc.;
- Ammonia; Cyanogen; Compounds thereof;
- Compounds of alkali metals, i.e. lithium, sodium, potassium, rubidium, caesium, or francium;
- Methods of preparing compounds of the metals beryllium, magnesium, aluminium, calcium, strontium, barium, radium, thorium, or the rare earths, in general;
- Compounds of beryllium, magnesium, aluminium, calcium, strontium, or barium;
- Compounds of the rare-earth metals, i.e. scandium, yttrium, lanthanum, or the group of the lanthanides;
3. How to register the inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry in Vietnam?
The applicant shall prepare a registration dossier for inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry with the following papers and documents according to the provisions of law:
- Declaration of Patent Registration Forms (02 copies);
- Description of Invention/utility solution (02 copies);
- The Invention/utility solution summary (02 copies);
- Protection Request for the Invention/utility solution (02 copies);
- Certified copies of Business Registration Certificate (if the applicant is a company) or Citizen Identity Card (if the applicant is an individual);
- The receipt of payment of the state fees and charges (if any);
- Power of Attorney (if any);
4. The process of registration for inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry in Vietnam?
The invention registration dossier can be filed in one of two ways as below with different processing time:
First, it can be directly submitted at the National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP) in Hanoi City or representative offices of NOIP in Da Nang City and Ho Chi Minh City. The processing time of this way is only one morning or afternoon.
Second, the invention registration dossier can also be submitted indirectly to one of the above places by the post offices or couriers. The processing time is about a few days, depending on the handling time of the post offices or couriers.
After the invention registration application dossier being submitted, it will be examined through the process as below:
Stage 1: The form of invention registration application will be examined by the competent state agency in order to determine whether it is a valid application.
Stage 2: If the application is determined as valid, its information will be published in the Industrial Property Official Gazette.
Stage 3: The content of the application will continue to be examined by the competent state agency.
Stage 4: After issuing the decision and the applicant pay all the state fees, the NOIP will issue a protection title for the invention/utility solution.
5. Where to register the inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry in Vietnam?
The current Vietnamese intellectual property law only allows foreign companies or individuals to register their inventions in Vietnam through an industrial property representative in Vietnam. Minh Khue Law Firm has helped many foreign as well as domestic clients to register their inventions in Vietnam as well as abroad. Since August 2017, Minh Khue Law Firm has been licensed as an industrial property representative with the representative code is 226.
The Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm will carry out all the procedures for the client. Our office based in Room 2007, 20th Floor, C2 Building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Tran Duy Hung Street, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi city.
Person in charge of the Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm:
Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Phone number: + 84986 386 648
The completed register dossier will be submitted at: National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
Address: 384-386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan Trung, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi
6. Contact to register the inventions in the area of inorganic chemistry in Vietnam?
Please contact: Minh Khue Law Company Limited
Address: Room 2007, C2 building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Trung Hoa ward, Cau Giay district, Ha Noi city.
Phone number: + 84986 386 648 - Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Intellectual Property Department - Minh Khue Law Company Limited