Mục lục bài viết
- 1. Why should you register the inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool in Vietnam?
- 2. What are inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool?
- 3. How to register the inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool in Vietnam?
- 4. The process of registration for inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool in Vietnam?
- 5. Where to register the inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool in Vietnam?
- 6. Contact to register the inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool in Vietnam?
1. Why should you register the inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool in Vietnam?
Nowadays, inventions play important roles in every society as well as the business operations of companies. However, the situations of inventions being copied or even stolen and used for unfair competition occur more frequently and it is time for companies, organizations or individuals who own an invention pay more attention to the protection of their inventions from these risks. There are different ways to protect an invention but one of the most effective ways is the legal protection by registering the invention with the competent state agency. Companies, organizations or individuals who own an invention will receive huge benefits below if they register their invention:
- The invention will be protected by the law and competent state agencies. Other companies, organizations or individuals are not allowed to use or copy the invention without your consent. The owner of the invention has the exclusive right to use the invention, manufacture products or provide particular services based on the invention. If any entity violates this intellectual property right, with a patent, the owner can ask competent state agencies to handle the infringement and claim compensation for damages. This benefit will be the key factor to help the company beat other competitors in the market and secure the exclusive position in the market.
- The patent granted by the National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP) will also be the legal basis to help competent state agencies identify the legal owner of the invention if there is a dispute related to the ownership of the invention. If you have not registered your invention and another company carries out this procedure before you, you can lose your invention forever and it will cause huge damage for you.
- In terms of economic benefit, a patent will help you to create a good impression and trust to your customers and business partners, your company will be considered as an innovative company with competitive advantages in the market. Thus, increasing the chance of success in business activities and contributing to the sustainable development of the company in the future.
- The patent can also increase the revenue from selling or licensing the invention, or it can be used as an asset to be contributed to the investment projects, business cooperation contracts or to the capital of other companies.
The above reasons are some special benefits among the many benefits of registration of an invention in Vietnam. Therefore, we always encourage our clients to register their inventions as soon as possible.
2. What are inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool?
An invention is defined by the Vietnamese intellectual property is a technical solution that solves a particular problem by applying natural rules. This technical solution can be in the form of a product (including apparatuses, machines, components, circuits, etc., or substances such as materials, foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals, etc.; or biological materials such as genes, genetically modified plants / animals, etc.) or in the form of a method or a process (for manufacturing; diagnostic, predictive, inspection, handling, etc.). An invention can be protected in the form of an Invention patent or Utility solution patent.
According to the current provisions of law, a technical solution shall satisfy the following general conditions in order to be recognized as an invention:
- It is novel;
- It is creative, not common knowledge;
- It can be applied industrially.
When registering an invention, it will be classified into different Classes according to the International Patent Classification, based on its characteristics and nature. The inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool are classified into Class C03 of Section C. Class C03 includes particular products or methods and processes as below:
- Preparing the batches; Charging the melting furnaces; Distributors for the molten glass; Means for taking-off charges of molten glass; Producing the gob; Production of glass by other processes than melting processes;
- Shaping of glass such as Blowing glass; Pressing glass; Rolling glass; Drawing glass upwardly from the melt; Forming glass by flowing out, pushing-out, or drawing downwardly or laterally from forming slits or by overflowing over lips; Processes specially adapted for the production of quartz or fused silica articles;
- After-treatment of glass product such as Annealing glass products; Tempering glass products; Reheating glass products for softening or fusing their surfaces; Fire-polishing; Fusing of margins; Manufacture of rippled or crackled glass; Transporting of glass products during their manufacture;
- Chemical composition of glasses, glazes, or vitreous enamels;
- Surface treatment of glass; Surface treatment of fibres or filaments made from glass, minerals or slags;
- Joining glass to glass or to other materials
3. How to register the inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool in Vietnam?
The registration dossier for inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool in Vietnam shall be prepared with the following papers and documents in order to be accepted:
- 02 copies of the Declaration form of Patent Registration (according to the prescribed form);
- 02 copies of the Description of the Invention/utility solution and Request of the Invention/utility solution protection (covering all the required contents according to the law, including drawings, if any);
- 02 copies of the Summary of the Invention/utility solution;
- A copy of payment receipt of fees and charges (in case of paying charges and fees via postal service or transferring into the NOIP's account)
- Power of attorney (if applying through a representative);
- Documents certifying the right to register if the applicant enjoys another person's right to register;
- Documents proving priority (if the invention registration application requires priority right)
4. The process of registration for inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool in Vietnam?
A dossier of invention registration can be submitted by the applicant in one of two ways as below:
- Submitting directly at the NOIP’s office in Ha Noi or its representative offices in Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City with the processing time is only one morning or afternoon.
- Submitting indirectly via postal services to one of the above places with the processing time is about from 3 days to 7 days, depending on the handling time of the post offices or couriers.
The NOIP will issue an application number after receiving the dossier of invention registration and provide the number to the applicant. The application of invention registration will be assessed by the NOIP through the following process in order to be granted a patent:
Step 1: The application will be assessed in terms of formal requirements for the purpose of identifying whether the invention registration application is valid or not.
Step 2: If the invention registration application is determined as a valid application, the information will be published in the Industrial Property Official Gazette.
Step 3: The application will continue to be assessed in terms of its content in order to have the final decision.
Step 4: If all requirements are met, the applicant shall receive a protection title for the invention/utility solution after paying all the issuance fees according to the provisions of law.
5. Where to register the inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool in Vietnam?
The current provisions of Vietnamese intellectual property law only allow foreign companies or individuals to register their inventions in Vietnam through an industrial property representative in Vietnam. Minh Khue Law Firm has registered successfully many inventions for foreign as well as domestic clients, both in Vietnam and abroad. Minh Khue Law Firm has been licensed as an industrial property representative since August 2017, with the representative code is 226.
The Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm will carry out all the procedures for the client. Our office based in Room 2007, 20th Floor, C2 Building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Tran Duy Hung Street, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi city.
Person in charge of the Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm:
Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Phone number: + 84986 386 648
The completed register dossier will be submitted at: National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
Address: 384-386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan Trung, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi
6. Contact to register the inventions in the area of manufacture or shaping of glass, mineral and slag wool in Vietnam?
Please contact: Minh Khue Law Company Limited
Address: Room 2007, C2 building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Trung Hoa ward, Cau Giay district, Ha Noi city.
Phone number: + 84986 386 648 - Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Intellectual Property Department - Minh Khue Law Company Limite