Table Of Contents
- 1. Why should you register the inventions in the area of metallurgy?
- 2. What are inventions in the area of metallurgy?
- 3. How to register the inventions in the area of metallurgy in Vietnam?
- 4. The process of registration for inventions in the area of metallurgy in Vietnam?
- 5. Where to register the inventions in the area of metallurgy in Vietnam?
- 6. Contact to register the inventions in the area of metallurgy in Vietnam?
1. Why should you register the inventions in the area of metallurgy?
Metallurgy is a very important industry that involves the processing of ore to extract the metal they contain, and the mixture of metals, sometimes with other elements. This industry plays an important role in the development of human and it will continue to contribute significantly to our life. Along with the development of society and economy, the area of metallurgy also develops with many inventions. Because of the important role, the inventions in this area may have very big value and it is very important to have adequate protection methods to protect them. One of the best ways is to register the inventions with competent state agencies. A patent can bring great benefits for the owners of the inventions as below:
- Provide legal protection for the ownership and intellectual rights related to the inventions. After registering, the owners of the inventions will be entitled to exclusively apply the solutions of inventions in the manufacture of specific products as well as services. If any third party tries to exploit the inventions without the authorization or permission of the owner, the patent will be the legal basis for the owner to ask the authority handle the infringement. This will be a huge advantage for a company to establish and enhance its position in the market.
- Be the legal basis to identify the lawful owner of the invention. If a dispute occurs related to the ownership of invention, the lawful owner can provide the patent of a registered invention to prove the ownership. It will save much more time as well as money for parties and competent state agencies to resolve the dispute with a registered invention.
- Bring more revenue for the company that owns a registered invention. When commercializing inventions, company can improve the manufacture and distribution of particular products/services, produce new products that no company has. Besides, a patent will increase the value of products/services and at the same time, attract more customers buy more.
- Create a passive income source for the owner from transferring or licensing the patent. If the owner does not have enough financial resources or does not want to use the invention in production, he/she can transfer or license other companies, organizations or individuals. This method can help the owner avoiding the cost of commercialization of the invention but still being able to control the competition in the market.
- Create a good impression to the customers and business partners of the company. A company that registered its inventions in accordance with the provisions of law will be seen as an innovative high-technology and reliable company..
- Be used to contribute to other companies’ capital as a type of asset.
2. What are inventions in the area of metallurgy?
In accordance with the Vietnamese intellectual property law, inventions can be generally defined as technical solutions which apply laws of nature for the purpose of solving particular issues. These technical solutions can be presented in the form of new materials, products, tools or methods or processes of production or treatment of certain products, materials.
There are two types of patent: Invention Patent and Utility solution Patent. For Invention Patents, the technical solution must be have the novelty, creativeness and capability of industrial application. A solution can be protected in the form of a Utility solution patent when it satisfies the general conditions of not being common knowledge, of the novelty and capability of industrial application.
The Strasbourg Agreement (1971) established an international system with the purpose of classifying inventions in a uniform manner, it is the International Patent Classification. In accordance with the provisions of this Classification, inventions in the area of metallurgy are classified into Class C21, C22, C23, C25 and C30 of Section C. The following products or methods are particularly covered by Class C14:
- Manufacture of iron or steel;
- Processing of pig-iron, e.g. refining, manufacture of wrought-iron or steel; treatment in molten state of ferrous alloys;
- Modifying the physical structure of ferrous metals; general devices for heat treatment of ferrous or non-ferrous metals or alloys; making metal malleable by decarburisation, temering;
- Production or refining of metals; Pretreatment of raw materials;
- Changing the physical structure of non-ferrous metals or non-ferrous alloys;
- Coating metallic material; coating material with metallic material; chemical surface treatment; diffusion treatment of metallic material; coating by vacuum evaporation, by sputtering, by ion implantation or by chemical vapour deposition, in general;
- Electrolytic or electrophoretic processes; apparatus therefore;
- Crystal growth;
3. How to register the inventions in the area of metallurgy in Vietnam?
The applicant shall prepare a patent registration dossier for inventions in the area of metallurgy with the following documents and papers:
- 02 Application Forms for Patent Registration;
- 02 Description of Patent and 02 Patent Protection Requests;
- 02 Invention Summary (can be submitted later);
- Copies of the payment receipt of registration fees and charges (if any);
- Some related documents, if any (for example the authorization letter; papers to prove the priority right or the right to register, etc.).
>> See also: Logo registration service for individuals and companies
4. The process of registration for inventions in the area of metallurgy in Vietnam?
In order to register an invention in Vietnam, the registration dossier normally has to be assessed through the following procedures:
Stage 1: The submission of the application.
Stage 2: The assessment of the patent registration application in terms of its formal requirements.
Stage 3: The publication of the valid application in the Industrial Property Official Gazette.
Stage 4: The assessment of the patent registration application in terms of its content.
Stage 5: The issuance of the Invention/Utility solution Patent.
5. Where to register the inventions in the area of metallurgy in Vietnam?
Under the intellectual property law of Vietnam, if foreign companies or individuals want to register their inventions in Vietnam, they are required to register through industrial property representative organizations in Vietnam. Minh Khue Law Firm is an industrial property representative which was licensed from August 2017 by the NOIP, with the representative code is 226. We helped a lot of clients register their invention successfully in Vietnam as well as in other countries in the world.
The Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm will carry out all the procedures for the client. Our office based in Room 2007, 20th Floor, C2 Building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Tran Duy Hung Street, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi city.
Person in charge of the Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm:
Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Email: [email protected];
Phone number: + 84986 386 648
The completed register dossier will be submitted at: National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
Address: 384-386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan Trung, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi
6. Contact to register the inventions in the area of metallurgy in Vietnam?
Please contact: Minh Khue Law Company Limited
Address: Room 2007, C2 building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Trung Hoa ward, Cau Giay district, Ha Noi city.
Phone number: + 84986 386 648 - Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Email: [email protected]
Intellectual Property Department - Minh Khue Law Company Limite