Table Of Contents
- 1. Why should you register the inventions in the area of paper?
- 2. What are inventions in the area of paper?
- 3. How to register the inventions in the area of paper in Vietnam?
- 4. The process of registration for inventions in the area of paper in Vietnam?
- 5. Where to register the inventions in the area of paper in Vietnam?
- 6. Contact to register the inventions in the area of paper in Vietnam?
1. Why should you register the inventions in the area of paper?
Paper products play a very important role in the development of humans. The market of manufacture and distribute paper is very competitive and companies in this market always have to develop these products in order to meet the demand of customers. Therefore, it is very important to protect the inventions in the area of paper because these inventions may have high economic value. One of the most effective ways to protect an invention is to register it with the competent state agency, and the competent state agency in Vietnam is the National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP). By registering an invention, the owner of the invention can receive the following benefit:
- Exclusive rights to use and apply the invention in the manufacture of particular products. These rights prevent another third party from using or exploiting your invention without your consent. It will bring your company huge competitive advantages and enhance the position of the company in the market.
- Legal basis for the competent state agencies to identify the owner of an invention in case there is any dispute related to the ownership of the invention. In addition, the owner can base on the patent for an invention to request authority to handle any infringement of any company, organization or individual who violates the exclusive rights of the owner.
- Economic benefits from selling products/services that are based on the invention. When you apply a new technology on a product/service, this product/service will have a higher value and you can sell it at a higher price, at the same time, you can also sell more product/service because customers often love new technologies. Moreover, you can also receive other sources of income from transferring or licensing the patent.
- After registered. an invention will be recognized as an asset of the owner and the owner of the invention can use it to contribute to the capital of other companies as well as business projects.
2. What are inventions in the area of paper?
Provisions of the Vietnamese intellectual property law provide the definition of an invention as a technical solution which aims to resolve particular issues by applying the natural principles. This technical solution can be a new material, product or a machine, apparatus, a new method, process that is applied for the production or treatment of certain materials, products.
An invention can be protected in the form of Invention Patents or Utility solution Patents, with the condition that it shall at least satisfy the following general criteria:
- It is new,
- It is creative
- It is susceptible of industrial application.
Under the International Patent Classification, inventions shall be sorted out in different Classes based on their characteristics. According to the newest version of the International Patent Classification, inventions in the area of paper are classified into Class D21 of Section D. These Classes cover the following areas:
- Fibrous raw materials or their mechanical treatment;
- Production of cellulose by removing non-cellulose substances from cellulose-containing materials; regeneration of pulping liquors, apparatus therefor;
- Treatment of the materials before passing to the paper-making machine;
- Paper-making machines; methods of producing paper thereon;
- Calendars, accessories for paper-making machines;
Pulp compositions, preparation thereof, impregnating or coating of paper; treatment of finished paper;
- Fibreboard; manufacture of articles from cellulosic fibrous suspensions;
3. How to register the inventions in the area of paper in Vietnam?
According to the provisions of law, a patent registration dossier for inventions in the area of paper must include the following documents and papers:
- Invention Declaration Forms (02 copies);
- Invention Descriptions and Invention Protection Requests (02 copies each);
- Invention Summary (02 copies and these copies can be submitted later);
- Receipt of payments for the application fees (if any);
- Other related documents such as the documents to prove the priority right or the right to register (if any), power of attorney (if any), etc.
4. The process of registration for inventions in the area of paper in Vietnam?
A patent registration application for inventions in the area of paper has to be submitted and evaluated through a process as below:
Stage 1: The application can be submitted to NOIP or its representative offices directly or indirectly via post.
Stage 2: The formal appraisal of the patent registration application.
Stage 3: The publication of information of a valid patent application in the Industrial Property Official Gazette.
Stage 4: The content appraisal of the patent registration application.
Stage 5: NOIP will issue an Invention/Utility solution Patent after the applicant pay all the issuing fees..
5. Where to register the inventions in the area of paper in Vietnam?
The current intellectual property law of Vietnam requires foreign companies or individuals to apply through industrial property representative organizations if they want to register their inventions in Vietnam. Minh Khue Law Firm is an industrial property representative which was licensed from August 2017 by the NOIP, with the representative code is 226. We helped a lot of clients register their invention successfully in Vietnam as well as in other countries in the world.
The Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm will carry out all the procedures for the client. Our office based in Room 2007, 20th Floor, C2 Building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Tran Duy Hung Street, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi city.
Person in charge of the Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm:
Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Phone number: + 84986 386 648
The completed register dossier will be submitted at: National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
Address: 384-386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan Trung, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi
6. Contact to register the inventions in the area of paper in Vietnam?
Please contact: Minh Khue Law Company Limited
Address: Room 2007, C2 building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Trung Hoa ward, Cau Giay district, Ha Noi city.
Phone number: + 84986 386 648 - Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Intellectual Property Department - Minh Khue Law Company Limite