Table Of Contents
- 1. Why should you register the inventions in the area of sugar industry?
- 2. What are inventions in the area of sugar industry?
- 3. How to register the inventions in the area of sugar industry in Vietnam?
- 4. The process of registration for inventions in the area of sugar industry in Vietnam?
- 5. Where to register the inventions in the area of sugar industry in Vietnam?
- 6. Contact to register the inventions in the area of sugar industry in Vietnam?
1. Why should you register the inventions in the area of sugar industry?
Since thousands of years ago, products from sugar have been very popular in our life. The sugar industry plays a more and more important role in modern life. There are many companies start to invest in invention researching in order to provide more high-quality and unique products to the market. Accordingly, the competitiveness of this market is getting more intensive and companies have to pay more attention to the protection of inventions in the area of sugar industry. In addition to technical methods, registering an invention with the competent state agency for legal protection is always one of the most simple and effective ways to protect the invention. An owner of an invention can receive the following benefits by registering the invention:
- The patent can establish or strengthen the position of a company in the market because the owner of an invention will have exclusive rights to exploit the inventions and prevent other competitors from exploiting the registered invention for commercial purposes, unless they have the permission of the owner. Besides, the patent will be a legal basis for the authority to handle the infringement as well as for the owner to claim compensation for damage.
- A patent is evidence of ownership and in cases of disputes related to the ownership of an invention. The owner only has to show the protection title to prove the ownership without any further documents and it could save a lot of time, effort and money in resolving disputes.
- When a patent is commercialized, the company that owns the patent can receive higher revenue from distributing products/services based on the invention. On the one hand, the patent will increase the value of products/services. On the other hand, it will attract more customers to buy products or services, thus increasing the number of sales.
- Another source of income will be exploited, it is the income from transferring or licensing the patent if the owner (often an individual owner) does not have financial resources to manufacture products based on the invention. the owner can sell or license the registered invention (patent licensing contracts) to other third parties who have the need and ability to commercially exploit the invention. Licensing is a very good method to earn passive income from license fees (license fee can be paid monthly, annually or on each product), at the same time, eliminate the manufacturing cost and still be able to control the competition in the market.
- Finally, after registering an invention, the company which is the owner of the invention will create an impression of an innovative high technology company on the customers and business partners of the company, and accordingly, increasing the value of the company in the market.
2. What are inventions in the area of sugar industry?
The current Law on intellectual property of Vietnam defines inventions in the area of sugar industry are technical solutions that can be presented in the form of products, machines, apparatuses or in the form of methods or processes with the purpose of resolving particular problems by applying principles of nature.
The solutions can be protected in the form of Invention patents with the conditions that it is novel, creative and capable of industrial application. On the other hand, solutions can be protected in the form of Utility solution patents if they are not common knowledge and meet the requirements of novelty and being capable of industrial application.
According to the International Patent Classification, an international system created under the Strasbourg Agreement (1971) aiming at classifying inventions in a uniform manner based on their characteristics, inventions in the area of sugar industry are sorted out into Class C13 of Section C. The following products and/or processes are particularly covered by Class C13:
- Production of sucrose; apparatus specially adapted therefor;
- Reducing the size of material from which sugar is to be extracted;
- Production of sugar juices;
- Expressing water from material from which sugar has been extracted;
- Evaporators or boiling pans specially adapted for sugar juices; Evaporating or boiling sugar juices;
- Crystallisation; Crystallising apparatus; Separating crystals from mother liquors;
- Extraction of sucrose from molasses;
- Drying sugar;
- Glucose; Glucose-containing syrups;
- Invert sugar; Separation of glucose or fructose from invert sugar;
3. How to register the inventions in the area of sugar industry in Vietnam?
In order to register successfully the inventions in the area of sugar industry in Vietnam, you have to prepare an application dossier with the following documents and papers:
- 02 copies of Application Forms for Patent Registration;
>> See also: Logo registration service for individuals and companies
- 02 copies of Explanations of Patent and 02 copies of Requests of Patent Protection;
- 02 copies of Patent Summary (can be filed later);
- Certified copy of the payment receipt of state fees and charges for the registration (if any);
- Other related documents, if any (e.g. authorization letter; evidence of the priority right or the right to register, etc.).
4. The process of registration for inventions in the area of sugar industry in Vietnam?
According to the Vietnamese intellectual property law, in order to be granted a protection title, the patent registration application in the area of sugar industry will have to go through the following steps:
Step 1: The applicant can submit the patent registration application directly or indirectly (via postal services) to headquarters of the National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP) in Hanoi or to one of two NOIP’s representative offices in Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City.
Step 2: The patent registration application will be appraised by the NOIP in terms of formal requirements. The competent state agency will determine whether the application is valid or invalid.
Step 3: The patent information of a valid application will be published in the Industrial Property Official Gazette by the NOIP.
Step 4: The patent registration application will continue to be appraised by the NOIP in terms of the invention’s content. This is the most important step in order to have the final decision to issue a patent.
Step 5: If the application meets all the conditions, a decision of issuing a patent will be notified and the applicant shall pay all the issuing fee in order to receive the patent.
5. Where to register the inventions in the area of sugar industry in Vietnam?
Under the intellectual property law of Vietnam, if foreign companies or individuals want to register their inventions in Vietnam, they are required to register through industrial property representative organizations in Vietnam. Minh Khue Law Firm is an industrial property representative which was licensed from August 2017 by the NOIP, with the representative code is 226. We helped a lot of clients register their invention successfully in Vietnam as well as in other countries in the world.
The Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm will carry out all the procedures for the client. Our office based in Room 2007, 20th Floor, C2 Building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Tran Duy Hung Street, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi city.
Person in charge of the Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm:
Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Email: [email protected];
Phone number: + 84986 386 648
The completed register dossier will be submitted at: National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
Address: 384-386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan Trung, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi
6. Contact to register the inventions in the area of sugar industry in Vietnam?
Please contact: Minh Khue Law Company Limited
Address: Room 2007, C2 building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Trung Hoa ward, Cau Giay district, Ha Noi city.
Phone number: + 84986 386 648 - Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Email: [email protected]
Intellectual Property Department - Minh Khue Law Company Limite
>> See also: Trademark of Products registration procedures