Table Of Contents
- 1. Why should you register the inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting in Vietnam?
- 2. What are inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting?
- 3. How to register the inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting in Vietnam?
- 4. The process of registration for inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting in Vietnam?
- 5. Where to register the inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting in Vietnam?
- 6. Contact to register the inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting in Vietnam?
1. Why should you register the inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting in Vietnam?
Nowadays, people pay more attention to safety, therefore, there are more and more inventions products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting are created in order to meet the demand of people. Companies, organizations and individuals who owns the inventions need to pay more attention to the protection of inventions because it is easy to be copied or stolen by other entities without adequate protection method. One of the best methods to protect the inventions is to register them with the competent state agency. This method can bring not only protection but also many other huge benefits for the invention owners as below:
- First, a patent will prevent other companies, organizations or individuals from copying or stealing inventions illegally. Without the protection, competitors can use the invention for unfair competition and it would cause huge damage to the author of the inventions. A patent also secure sustainable development and position of the company in the market.
- Second, a registered invention will establish and secure competitive advantages for the company that owns the inventions. The owner of an invention will have the exclusive right to manufacture specific products by applying protected technical solutions, methods or processes of inventions.
- Third, the patent will be one legal basis to protect company or individual who owns the invention, provide proof of invention ownership and to handle violations, claim compensation for infringed inventions. In case there are disputes related to the ownership of the invention, it would be difficult to identify the owner of the invention If the invention has not been registered with the competent state agency.
- Fourth, the revenue of the company will increase significantly because the patent will help sell more products and services based on the invention. It will also bring more profit from transferring or licensing of the invention.
- Fifth, the patent can be used by the owners as a property to contribute to the capital of other companies or investment projects.
- Sixth, the registration of invention will increase the chance of success for business activities by creating a good impression for business partners as well as customers of the company.
2. What are inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting?
According to the definition of the Vietnamese intellectual property law, inventions are technical solutions that are based on natural principles in order to solve particular issues. These solutions can be presented in the forms of products, apparatuses, equipment or particular technical processes and methods. Generally, inventions are protected in the form of granting Invention patents or Utility solution patents, provided that the inventions meet the following conditions:
- It is novel;
- It is creative;
- It can be applied industrially.
Inventions are classified into different Classes, according to the provisions of the International Patent Classification, based on their nature and characteristics. The inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting are classified into Class A62 of Section A, which includes the following particular products or methods:
- Devices for lowering persons from buildings; Devices or single parts for facilitating escape from buildings or the like, e.g. protection shields, protection screens; Portable devices for preventing smoke penetrating into distinct parts of buildings;
- Respirators; Gas-masks, including breathing apparatus, e.g. for high altitude, or masks therefor; Devices affording protection against harmful chemical agents;
- Safety belts or body harnesses;
- Fire prevention, containment or extinguishing specially adapted for particular objects or places;
- Flame traps allowing passage of gas but not of flame or explosion wave;
- Making of fire-extinguishing materials immediately before use
- Portable extinguishers with manually-operated pumps;
- Hand fire-extinguishers essentially in the form of pistols or rifles;
- Fire-fighting land vehicles; Fire-fighting vessels or like floating structures;
- Delivery of fire-extinguishing material;
- Hose accessories; Permanently-installed equipment; Control of fire-fighting equipment;
- Fire-extinguishing compositions; Use of chemical substances in extinguishing fires;
- Processes for making harmful chemical substances harmless, or less harmful, by effecting a chemical change in the substances;
- Composition of materials for coverings or clothing affording protection against harmful chemical agents;
- Composition of materials for transparent parts of gas-masks, respirators, breathing bags, or helmets;
3. How to register the inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting in Vietnam?
The registration dossier of inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting generally includes the documents and papers as below:
- 02 Patent Registration Forms (according to prescribed form);
- 02 Request for Invention/utility solution protection;
- 02 Description of Invention/utility solution;
- 02 Summary of Invention/utility solution;
- Authorization letter (if register through an industrial property representative organization);
- Notarized copy of Business Registration Certificate, Citizen Identity Card;
- The receipts of payment of the state fees and charges (if any);
4. The process of registration for inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting in Vietnam?
The invention registration dossier can be submitted in one of the following ways:
The first way is to directly submit the dossier at the address of the National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP) in Hanoi City or its representative offices in Da Nang City and Ho Chi Minh City. It takes only one morning or afternoon to be done.
The second way is to submit the dossier indirectly to the above places via post offices or couriers. This way may take a few days to be done, depending on the delivery time of the post offices or couriers.
After receiving the application dossier, the NOIP will issue an application number for the applicant and start the process of appraisal of the application through stages as below:
First stage: The invention registration application will be appraised by the NOIP in terms of formal conditions (the processing time is about 01 month).
Second stage: The NOIP will publish information in the Industrial Property Official Gazette if the application is valid in terms of the form (the processing time is about 02 months)
Third stage: The application will continue to be appraised by the NOIP in terms of its content (the processing time is about 18 months).
Fourth stage: The competent state agency will grant an Invention/Utility solution patent after the applicant pays the issuing fee.
5. Where to register the inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting in Vietnam?
If foreign companies or individuals want to register their inventions in Vietnam, they can only register through an industrial property representative in Vietnam according to the provisions of Vietnamese law. Many foreign as well as domestic clients contacted and were helped by Minh Khue Law Firm to register their inventions in Vietnam. Since August 2017, Minh Khue Law Firm has been licensed as an industrial property representative with the representative code is 226.
The Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm will carry out all the procedures for the client. Our office based in Room 2007, 20th Floor, C2 Building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Tran Duy Hung Street, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi city.
Person in charge of the Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm:
Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Phone number: + 84986 386 648
The completed register dossier will be submitted at: National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
Address: 384-386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan Trung, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi
6. Contact to register the inventions of products and methods in life-saving, fire-fighting in Vietnam?
Please contact: Minh Khue Law Company Limited
Address: Room 2007, C2 building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Trung Hoa ward, Cau Giay district, Ha Noi city.
Phone number: + 84986 386 648 - Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Intellectual Property Department - Minh Khue Law Company Limite