Table Of Contents
- 1. Why should you register the inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating?
- 2. What are inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating?
- 3. How to register inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating in Vietnam?
- 4. The process of registration for inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating in Vietnam?
- 5. Where to register inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating in Vietnam?
- 6. Contact to register inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating in Vietnam?
1. Why should you register the inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating?
Nowadays, inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating are contributing a lot in our modern life. There are more and more companies investing in researching in this area, thus providing more products to meet the demand. Therefore, the competition in this area is also increasing significantly. Some companies will try to copy or even steal inventions of others instead of researching by themself. This situation will cause unfair competition in the market and hold back innovation. In order to deal with this issue, companies need to pay more attention to registering their inventions with competent state agencies for patents. This action can give great advantages for the owner of an invention as follows:
- Ownership advantages: The patent is a legal basis for the owner to prove his/her ownership of the invention. When any company copies or exploits the invention without the owner’s consent and to compete with the owner in an unfair manner, the owner can ask the authorities to handle the infringement.
- Competitive advantages: The owner of an invention will have a huge competitive advantage in the market because the patent gives a company exclusive rights to apply the invention in manufacturing, trading or distributing specific products. Without the owner’s permission, no company can have access to these rights, thus, reducing the competition and strengthening the position of the owner in the market. This advantage also gives the owner the right to sell products at higher prices than others.
- Advantages in fundraising and business cooperation: Potential investors and business partners will see a patent as evidence of innovation as well as legal compliance of the owner of the invention.
- Marketing advantages: A patent can be very useful in marketing, advertising and branding strategy. The owner can advertise the invention widely to the public without the risk of the invention being copied or stolen.
- Economical benefits: The owner of the invention will have more income sources from licensing or transferring the invention to other companies/organizations/individuals. Besides, a patent can be accepted by commercial banks as collateral for bank loans.
2. What are inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating?
In general, an invention is defined by the Vietnamese intellectual property law as a technical solution that is presented in the form of a product, application, tool, machine or a process and method applying natural principles in order to solve particular issues. An invention can be protected in the form of an invention patent or utility solution patent.
Technical solutions can only be considered as inventions if the solutions have the following criteria:
- The novelty;
- The creativeness; and
- Being capable of industrial application.
When applying for a patent, inventions shall be classified into specific classes under International Patent Classification (IPC), and according to the newest version of IPC, inventions of heating, ranges and ventilatings are classified into Class F24. This Class mainly includes the following products or processes:
- Domestic stoves or ranges for solid fuels; implements for use in connection with stoves or ranges;
- Other domestic stoves or ranges; details of domestic stoves or ranges, or general application;
- Domestic- or space-heating systems, e.g. central heating systems; domestic hot-water supply systems; elements or components therefor;
- Air-conditioning; air-humidification; ventilation; use of air currents for screening;
- Fluid heaters, e.g. water or air heaters, having heat-generating means;
- Solar heat collectors; solar heat systems;
- Geothermal collectors; geothermal systems;
3. How to register inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating in Vietnam?
In order to register an invention in Vietnam, first of all, the owner need to prepare a complete dossier with the following documents in accordance with provisions of law:
- 02 copies of Registration form for patent;
- 02 copies of the invention/utility solution description which includes the description section and the protection scope;
- 02 Summary of invention / utility solution.
- Power of attorney when applying through a representative;
>> See also: Logo registration service for individuals and companies
- Payment receipt of state fees and charges (when the applicant pay via postal service or directly to the competent state agency's account in advance);
- Other related documents in particular cases.
4. The process of registration for inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating in Vietnam?
When the registration dossier is ready, the applicant shall start the process of patent registration with the following procedures:
Step 1. Application submission: The applicant can choose to submit directly to the National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP) in Ha Noi or its representative offices in Da Nang city and Ho Chi Minh city; or submit indirectly to the above addresses via the postal services.
Step 2. Formal appraisal: A patent application shall be appraised in terms of formal conditions to be determined whether it is a valid or invalid application. The appraising time normally is 01 month.
Step 3. Application publication: After being determined as a valid application, the NOIP will publish the application information in the Industrial Property Official Gazette, normally after 18 months since the submission date.
Step 4. Content appraisal: The patent application will continue to be appraised in terms of its content. The appraising time in this step can be up to 18 months from the publishing date.
Step 5. Patent issuance: The NOIP will grant a protection title when all examinations are finished and all state fees have been paid promptly and properly by the applicant.
5. Where to register inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating in Vietnam?
According to the current provisions of Vietnamese intellectual property law, foreign companies, organizations or individuals can only apply their inventions for patents in Vietnam through official industrial property representative organizations. Minh Khue Law Firm is an industrial property representative that was licensed to operate in Vietnam since August 2017, with the representative code is 226. Many clients in Vietnam as well as abroad have registered their inventions successfully through Minh Khue Law Firm.
The Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm will carry out all the procedures for the client. Our office is based in Room 2007, 20th Floor, C2 Building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Tran Duy Hung Street, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi city.
The person in charge of the Intellectual Property Department of Minh Khue Law Firm:
Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Email: [email protected];
Phone number: + 84986 386 648
The completed register dossier will be submitted at: National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
Address: 384-386 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan Trung, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi
6. Contact to register inventions of heating, ranges and ventilating in Vietnam?
Please contact: Minh Khue Law Company Limited
Address: Room 2007, C2 building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Trung Hoa ward, Cau Giay district, Ha Noi city.
Phone number: + 84986 386 648 - Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung
Email: [email protected]
Intellectual Property Department - Minh Khue Law Company Limited