Resolution No. 1039/2006/NQ-UBTVQH11 dated August 28, 2006 of the Standing Committee of National Assembly on organization, tasks, powers and operation regulation of the Anti-corruption Central Steering Committee
THE STANDING COMMITTEE OF NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, August 28, 2006
ON ORGANIZATION, TASKS, POWERS AND OPERATION REGULATION OF THE ANTI-CORRUPTION CENTRAL STEERING COMMITTEE
THE STANDING COMMITTEE OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the National Assembly;
Pursuant to the Law on Corruption Prevention and Combat;
At the proposal of the Prime Minister;
1. The Anti-Corruption Central Steering Committee (hereinafter called the Steering Committee) shall be headed by the Prime Minister, having the responsibility to direct, coordinate, inspect and urge anti-corruption activities throughout the country.
2. The Steering Committee shall be answerable to the Party's Central Committee, Political Bureau and Secretariat, the National Assembly, the Standing Committee of the National Assembly, the State President and the Government for the performance of its tasks and the exercise of its powers in prevention and combat of corruption in strict accordance with the provisions of the Constitution and law.
1. In the course of directing, coordinating, inspecting and urging anti-corruption activities, the Steering Committee shall respect and not hinder the normal activities of agencies, organizations, units and competent persons in performing the functions, tasks and powers prescribed by the Constitution and law.
2. The Steering Committee shall work on the principle of democratic centralism; the head of the Committee shall make conclusions and take responsibility for his/her decisions.
Article 3.- Within the ambit of their respective functions, tasks and powers prescribed by law, agencies, organizations, units and competent persons shall have to fully implement in time the directions, requests and recommendations of the Steering Committee in anti-corruption work.
TASKS, POWERS AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
Article 4.- The Steering Committee shall have the following tasks:
1. To direct and urge agencies, organizations, units and competent persons to inspect the implementation of the provisions of the Law on Corruption Prevention and Combat, regarding publicity and transparency; the formulation and implementation of regimes, norms and criteria; the implementation of codes of conducts and professional ethics, swap of working positions of cadres, officials and public employees; and the responsibilities of heads of agencies, organizations or units where corruption occurs;
Click Download to see full text