Dear lawyer, I have a problem want to ask for consultancy from a lawyer. My mother gave my brother a land and house area on condition that my brother and sister were obliged to take care of their mother when she was sick and old.
According to the information you have provided, your mother has donated your brother her property as a land use right, which is made in writing, but not certified. Thus, the establishment of a donation contract for this property does not comply with the provisions of the 2015 Civil Code in terms of form. Because Article 459 of the 2015 Civil Code stipulates that the donation of real estate must be made in writing with notarization or authentication or registration, if the real estate must register ownership in accordance with the law. Contracts for real estate are valid from the time of registration; If the property does not have to register for ownership, the donation contract is valid from the time of property transfer.
However, now your brother has carried out the procedure to name on the certificate of land use rights, from your mother's property to the common property of the couple during the marriage, so this property belongs to him and your sister, your mother cannot reclaim her property.
On the other hand, according to the information you provide, the fact that your mother made a contract to give you a brother's property is conditional, specifically the validity of donation is that your brother has to perform the obligation to support, nurture and care for your mother when your mothers are old and sick. However, after receiving the property, giving it to his brother, he did not fulfill the obligations of the donor, namely to deny responsibility, not to care for and nurture your mother. Pursuant to the provisions of Clause 3, Article 462 of the 2015 Civil Code providing conditional donations, your brother clearly does not fulfill the donor's obligations clearly stated in the donation contract, so your mother has the right to reclaim the property and claim damages.
In short, your mother absolutely has the right to ask your brother to fulfill the obligations of the donee. If he does not do so, then your mother can file a lawsuit at the district court where the property is located to claim the property and ask the brother to compensate for the damage.
The petition dossier includes the following documents:
- Identity card.
- Certificates of land use rights.
- Contract for donation of property.
In addition, according to the provisions of Article 70 of the 2014 Marriage and Family Law, your brother has violated the obligations of his children to his parents, which is the obligation:
- Firstly, there is a duty of love, respect, gratitude, filial piety, support for parents, preserving honor and good traditions of the family.
- Second, Children have obligations and rights to care for and nurture their parents, especially when parents lose civil act capacity, sickness, old age, disabilities; In case the family has many children, the children must take care of and care for their parents together.
With the act of not fulfilling their children 's obligations to your mother, you can tell the local government where your brother is staying to be resolved.
The above is our advice. If you still have any problems, want to be advised or need other legal assistance, please contact the online legal advice department via telephone number: 1900.6162 for answers.
Guidance on the labor lawyer consultancy service online via the call center: 1900.6162
The connection with lawyers, labor law experts is simple - Just use a cell phone or landline and call the online labor law consultation: 1900.6162, We I always listen to and be ready to answer all your legal problems in the field of labor.
In addition, if you would like to talk directly with the lawyer of Minh Khue Law Firm at our office, you can also schedule a meeting with a lawyer directly consulting the law of employment, employment through the call center: 1900.6162 direct counseling will help lawyers and clients understand the legal issues and provide solutions and solutions more effective.
The lawyers and consultants are organized by the Minh Khue Law Firm into separate legal units. Each department has at least one experienced lawyer who oversees and supports in-depth legal matters. You can refer and contact us 24/7 in the following legal fields:
- Civil inheritance legal consultancy call 1900.6162 press 3;
- Land law consultancy call 1900.6162 press 4;
- Tax law consultancy call 1900.6162 press 5;
- Labor law, social insurance law consultancy call 1900.6162 press 6;
- Enterprise law consultancy call 1900.6162 press 7;
- Foreign investment law consultancy call 1900.6162 press 8;
- Intellectual property right consultancy call 1900.6162 press 9;
- Legal consultancy service at the office/headquarters of Minh Khue Law Firm. Call 1900.6162 (Address: Room 2007, 20th Floor, C2 Building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Tran Duy Hung Street, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi). For clients who can come directly to the lawyer, please call: 1900.6162 press 0 to schedule a direct meeting with a lawyer.
Add: Room 2007, 20th Floor, C2 Building, Vincom Tran Duy Hung, Tran Duy Hung Street, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
>> Xem thêm: Legal consultancy on civil cases litigation at the Court