Decision No. 10/2008/QD-BTC dated February 12, 2008 of the Ministry of Finance promulgating the regulation on financial management of social funds and charity funds
THE MINISTER OF FINANCE
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence – Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, February 12, 2008
PROMULGATING THE REGULATION ON FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF SOCIAL FUNDS AND CHARITY FUNDS
THE MINISTER OF FINANCE
Pursuant to the Governments Decree No. 77/2003/ND-CP of July 1, 2003, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Finance;
Pursuant to the Governments Decree No. 148/2007/ND-CP of September 25, 2007, on organization and operation of social funds and charity funds,
Article 1. To promulgate together with this Decision the Regulation on financial management of social funds and charity funds.
Article 2. This Decision takes effect 15 days after its publication in CONG BAO and replaces the Finance Ministers Decision No. 56/2000/QD-BTC of April 19, 2000, promulgating the Regulation on financial management of social funds and charity funds.
Article 3. Chairmen of fund management councils and directors of social funds and charity funds shall implement this Decision.
FOR THE MINISTER OF FINANCE
Do Hoang Anh Tuan
>> See also: DECREE No.107/2009/ND-CP ON TRADING OF LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS THE GOVERNMENT
ON FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF SOCIAL FUNDS AND CHARITY FUNDS
(Promulgated together with the Finance Ministers Decision No. 10/2008/QD-BTC of February 12, 2008)
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Regulation applies to social funds and charity funds set up under the Governments Decree No. 148/2007/ND-CP of September 25, 2007, on organization and operation of social funds and charity funds (below referred to as funds for short) and legal documents guiding this Decree.
Article 2. Principles for operation and financial management of funds
1. A fund is set up and operates for non-profit purposes, on the principle of voluntariness, creating its own capital, self-financing and taking responsibility before law for its own activities.
2. A fund has the legal person status and its own seal and may open accounts at banks or state treasuries in order to conduct its transactions.
3. A fund shall collect revenues, make expenditures and conduct final settlement in accordance with the Accounting Law and documents guiding the implementation of the Law. A fiscal year of the fund starts on January 1 and ends on December 31 of a calendar year.
>> See also: How to establish a foreign-invested company in Vietnam?
4. A fund must publicize the situation of fund raising, management and use and report on its observance of financial publicity in accordance with the Prime Ministers Decision No. 192/2004/QD-TTg of November 16, 2004, promulgating the Regulation on financial publicity applicable to state budgets at all levels, budget-estimating units, state budget-funded organizations, capital construction investment projects funded with state budget capital, state enterprises, funds originating from the state budget and funds originating from peoples contributions, and guiding documents of the Finance Ministry; Circular No. 03/2005/TT-BTC of January 6, 2005, guiding the implementation of the Regulation on financial publicity applicable to state budgets at all levels and the regime of reporting on the observance of financial publicity, and Circular No. 21/2005/TT-BTC of March 22, 2005, guiding the observance of financial publicity by budget-estimating units and state budget-funded organizations.
5. It is prohibited to abuse activities of a fund for self-seeking purposes or in contravention of this Decision and relevant provisions of law.
>> See also: Register exclusive trademark of services of sales of goods, advertisement, business management, transaction management, office operation