THE PRIME MINISTER
Decision No. 1496/QD-TTg dated August 27, 2013 of the Prime Minister on approving the adjustment and supplement of the master plan on socio- economic development of Hau Giang province through 2020
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP of September 7, 2006, on the formulation, approval and management of socio-economic development master plans and Decree No. 04/2008/ND-CP of January 11, 2008, amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP,
At the proposal of Hau Giang province’s People’s Committee,
Article 1. To approve the adjustment and supplement of the master plan on socio-economic development of Hau Giang province through 2020. The adjusted contents constitute a component of the province’s socio- economic development master plan approved by the Prime Minister under Decision No. 105/2006/QD-TTg of May 16, 2006, covering the following principal contents:
I. DEVELOPMENT VIEWPOINTS
1. The adjusted and supplemented socio-economic development master plan of Hau Giang province through 2020 must conform with the national socio-economic development strategy and the Mekong River Delta master plan; ensure synchronism and consistency with sectoral master plans. To make the fullest use of economic linkage with other provinces in the region and the support of central sectors for development of infrastructure, attraction of investment and development of human resources.
2. To effectively tap the potential and advantages of Hau Giang, step up international integration, intensify cooperation with localities nationwide; to focus on the renewal of the growth model and economic restructuring in the direction that agriculture serves as the foundation for development, industry is a breakthrough sector and services support agriculture and industry in the course of development, shifting from extensive development to reasonably extensive and intensive development in order to properly mobilize and use all resources for fast and sustainable socio-economic development and protection of the eco-environment.
3. Hau Giang province’s economic development must suit its natural characteristics, climate conditions and inherent biological features; and at the same time respect population characteristics with great attention paid to ethnic minorities, establishing a good relationship between people living in Hau Giang for a long time and people newly arriving there for participation in the province’s economic development. To step by step create the harmonious and rational development among areas in the province, gradually narrowing the living-standard gap between different strata of population, and between urban and rural areas; attaching importance to hunger elimination and poverty reduction, people’s health care, social stability and enhancement of unity among ethnic groups in the province.
4. Hau Giang will focus on development of sectors which may create breakthroughs and fast development, such as industrial parks and complexes, key urban centers and hi-tech agricultural fields. At the same time, to pay attention to the development of difficulty-hit areas with a view to ensuring the stability, promoting the strengths in all districts and towns. To concurrently create development breakthroughs via renewal of mechanisms and policies.
5. To closely combine economic development with strengthening of national defense and security; to ensure political security and social order and safety.
II. DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES
1. General objectives
The socio-economic development aims at modernity and sustainability, hunger elimination and poverty reduction; creating substantive improvements in growth quality and competitiveness of the economy; step by step building synchronous and modern infrastructure facilities; and constantly raising the people’s material and cultural lives. To concentrate on economic restructuring, taking agriculture as the foundation for industrial and service development; to select breakthrough spearheads for concentration on promoting strengths and redressing weaknesses.
2. Specific targets
a/ On economic development:
- The GDP growth rate will be around 14.7%/year in the 2011-2015 period, and 16.3%/year in the 2016-2020 period;
- The economic structure by 2015: Agriculture- forestry- fishery: 27%; industry- construction: 35%; services: 42.3%. The economic structure by 2020: Agriculture-forestry- fishery: 14%; industry- construction: 39%; services: 47%;
- The average per-capita added value (at current prices) will reach VND 36.8 million by 2015 and VND 72 million by 2020;
Click download to view the full text