Decision No. 179/2007/QD-TTg dated November 26, 2007 of the Prime Minister promulgating the Regulation on concentrated procurement of assets and goods with the state budget
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, November 26, 2007
PROMULGATING THE REGULATION ON CONCENTRATED PROCUREMENT OF ASSETS AND GOODS WITH THE STATE BUDGET
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the December 16, 2002 Law on the Slate Budget;
Pursuant to the November 29, 2005 Law on Thrift Practice and Waste Combat:
Pursuant to the November 29, 2005 Anti Corruption Law;
At the proposal of the Minister of Finance,
>> See also: DECREE No.107/2009/ND-CP ON TRADING OF LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS THE GOVERNMENT
Article 1. To promulgate together with this Decision the Regulation on concentrated procurement of assets and goods with the state budget.
Article 2. This Decision takes effect 15 days after its publication in CONG BAO.
Article 3. Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies, heads of other central agencies, and presidents of provincial/municipal Peoples Committees shall organize, and guide their attached agencies and units in, the implementation of this Decision.
Nguyen Tan Dung
ON CONCENTRATED PROCUREMENT OF ASSETS AND GOODS WITH THE STATE BUDGET
(Promulgated together with the Prime Ministers Decision No. 179/2007/QD-TTg of November 26, 2007)
Article 1. Purposes and requirements
Concentrated procurement of assets and goods aims to:
>> See also: How to establish a foreign-invested company in Vietnam?
1. Ensure thrill and prevem waste and corruption in the use of the state budget;
2. Ensure that synchronous and modern assets and goods are equipped suitably to operation requirements and contents, state administrative reform, public finance reform to raise the effectiveness and efficacy in the operation of state agencies;
3. Ensure publicity and transparency in the procurement, equipping and use of state assets.
Article 2. Principles
1. To observe the provisions of the bidding law in the procurement and equipping of assets and goods with the state budget.
2. To abide by regulations on management of finance and state assets of state budget-funded agencies and units; as well as regulations on publicity and transparency in the procurement of assets and goods.
3. To procure assets and goods according to annual state budget estimates.
Article 3. Scope and objects of application
1. Scope of application:
a/ Concentrated procurement of assets and goods applies to ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies and other central agencies (below collectively referred to as ministries and central agencies) and provinces and centrally run cities.
>> See also: Register exclusive trademark of services of sales of goods, advertisement, business management, transaction management, office operation
b/ The Minister of Defense and the Minister of Public Security shall, based on the provisions of law on management of state budget and assets and this Regulation, specify the concentrated procurement and equipping of assets and goods for defense or security purposes.
2. This Regulation applies to synchronous and modern assets and goods to be procured in large volumes and values, including:
a/ Cars, special-use means of transport, special-use equipment and computer equipment used in agencies of the same system from the central to iocal level;
b/ Assets and goods other than those defined at Point a of ihis Clause, which shall be procured under the lists specified by ministers, heads of central agencies or presidents of provincial/municipal Peoples Committees based on characteristics, organizational apparatuses, needs and actual situation of their agencies and units, and in accordance with this Regulation.
3. Investment in construction of houses, architectural works or other assets attached to land is not governed by this Regulation.
Article 4. Forms of procurement
Based on procurement and equipping requirements and characteristics of each type of asset and goods, each ministry, central agency or provincial/municipal Peoples Committee shall assign one of its attached units to procure assets and goods and deliver those assets and goods to agencies and units for direct management and use.
>> See also: How to establish a branch of a foreign company in Vietnam?