THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, March 4, 2003
Decision No. 33/2003/QD-TTg dated March 04, 2003 of the Prime Minister approving the overall planning on socio-economic development in Dong Nai province for the 2001-2010 period (adjusted)
Decision No. 33/2003/QD-TTg dated March 04, 2003 of the Prime Minister approving the overall planning on socio-economic development in Dong Nai province for the 2001-2010 period (adjusted)
APPROVING THE OVERALL PLANNING ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN DONG NAI PROVINCE FOR THE 2001-2010 PERIOD (ADJUSTED)
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
At the proposal of the president of the People's Committee of Dong Nai province in Reports No.3196/TT.UBT of August 5, 2002 and No.5720/TT-UBT of December 27, 2002, and the proposal of the Minister of Planning and Investment in Official Dispatch No.613/BKH/VPTD of January 28, 2003,
Article 1.- To approve the overall planning on socio-economic development in Dong Nai province for the 2001-2010 period (adjusted) with the following major contents:
- To strive to reach the average economic growth rate (for the 2001-2010 period) of 11–12%/year. To raise the average income from nearly USD 400/person/year in 2000 to about USD 1,100- 1,300/person/year in 2010 (up by 2.5- 2.7 times over 2000).
- To vigorously restructure the economy so that the industry-service-agriculture economic structure will be formulated by 2010 with the corresponding proportions of 56%- 33%- 11% in the GDP (the agricultural proportion was 50% in 1990, 23% in 2000 and estimated 11% in 2010). The urbanization rate has risen from 26% in 1990, 31% in 2000 and estimated 45-50% in 2010.
- To increase the export turnover by 20%/year on average; the total export-import turnover to USD 12-13 billion by 2010 from USD 3 billion in 2000.
- To ensure sustainable development with harmony between economic growth and social development as well as environmental protection. By 2010, to complete the universalization of senior secondary education and to attract 100% of eligible first graders to schools; to raise the rate of households using clean water and electricity to over 95% of the total number of households in the province.
2. The fundamental development viewpoints:
- To synchronously bring into full play the integrated strength of the province, the central government, the whole country and the southern key economic region; of various economic sectors inside and outside the country. To fully tap the internal resources and strengths of the province, considering them the decisive factor and the outside resources the important ones.
- The province's socio-economic development must be realized in its organic relationship with the socio-economic development of the whole country and of the southern key economic region, in its association with Ho Chi Minh City and nearby provinces in order to create a close cooperation within a unified structure.
- To harmoniously combine the political, economic, cultural, social, security and defense domains; to develop productive forces in association with the building and consolidation of the relations of production, combining the settlement of immediate urgent matters with the attainment of long-term basic objectives. To correctly determine processes and economic branches of breakthrough nature; to correctly identify branches with development priority in each period and work out synchronous and efficient solutions.
3. Orientations for development of key branches and fields:
a) Industry, construction:
- To continue developing industry and construction at high rates; to achieve the average industrial growth rate of 15.7%/year in production value and 13.5% in added value for the 2001-2005 period; 15%/year in production value and 13%/year in added value for the 2006-2010 period.
- To prioritize the development of industries which consume on-spot raw materials, farm produce- and foodstuff- processing industry, building material-manufacturing industry. In addition to existing branches and products with production and/or business efficiency, importance should be attached to developing hi-tech industries in association with the development of regional industries such as machine-tooling, chemical production, software technology, engineering, industries in service of agriculture. To align with Ho Chi Minh City hi-tech park for development. To step by step increase the scientific and technological contents in each product, to raise competitiveness, the adaptability with the requirements of the period of international economic integration.
- To make adjustment so as to formulate 17 industrial parks with appropriate sizes with the total acreage of 7,686 ha. Particularly for the 2001-2005 period, to concentrate investment in the complete construction of technical infrastructures inside and outside the industrial parks already approved by the Government in term of their planning, creating favorable environment to further attract investment projects and trying to fill up the whole land areas for lease. Particularly, to concentrate efforts on quickly developing the industrial park and new urban center of Nhon Trach in association with the newly adjusted development of Ho Chi Minh City and the whole region.
- For the 2001-2010 period, to additionally develop district industrial clusters in the provinces with the total area of 620 ha and an average land area of 30 ha for each industrial cluster, mainly to arrange small- or medium-sized industrial projects and create more jobs for locals, such as the farm produce- and foodstuff-processing industry, cottage industry and handicraft, friendly industries, less-polluting light industry, building-material manufacturing industry.
b) Agriculture, forestry and fishery sector:
- The average growth rate for the whole sector shall be 3.0- 3.5%/year for the entire 2001-2010 period.
- Regarding agriculture: To concentrate on developing zones specialized in cultivation of farm produce and foodstuff raw materials in association with the processing industry; to strongly develop the cattle herd, poultry flocks, to exploit aquatic resources in Dong Nai river areas, Tri An reservoir in association with the industry processing foodstuff for consumption and export. By 2010, to stabilize the areas under major crops: 60,000- 62,000 ha for rice; 20,000 ha for coffee; 42,000- 45,000 ha for rubber; 30,000 ha for cashew; 20,000 ha for assorted fruit trees. To well and efficiently exploit 25,000 ha of water surface (Dong Nai river and Tri An reservoir) for aquaculture.
- Regarding forestry: To plant 5,000-7,000 ha of forests. To enhance the management and protection of natural forest areas, headwater forests, protective forests. To increase the province's tree coverage to 50% in 2010 (including 30% by forests and 20% by long-term industrial trees and fruit trees).
- Regarding rural development: To restructure crops and husbandry suitable to each area's characteristics, in combination with development of rural crafts; to encourage the development of small- or medium-sized enterprises in order to create jobs, increase income and make full use of idle rural labor hours. To mobilize various sources of capital (including foreign capital) for development of economic and social infrastructure in the countryside.
c) Trade, services and tourism:
- To link production with market demands in the province, the region, the whole country and the world in order to creative motive forces for economic development. To diversify services, expand the service-consuming markets, develop types of new, high-quality and modern services such as marketing, insurance, finance, credit, consultancy, technological transfer, etc., combining production with trade, tourism and services in order to serve the economic development and the betterment of people's life, contributing to increase the service proportion in the province's economic structure from 25% now to 33% in 2010.
- Regarding trade: Specific measures should be worked out to create conditions for more convenient trade activities, such as organizing trade zones in service of industrial parks, developing networks of urban trade centers and rural marketplaces, service locations for supply of production materials and/or purchase of farm produce and foodstuff. To encourage various economic sectors to join in developing service commerce, promoting goods circulation. To equitize a number of trade enterprises with a view to mobilizing capital and managerial capability of other economic sectors. To build up modern trade styles and forms such as electronic commerce, satisfying and guiding consumption demands of people, etc. To strive to achieve by 2010 the total retail sale of VND 16,000-17,000 billion, an average increase of 13%/year for the whole period.
- The State-run trade shall represent around 10-11% of the total retail sale, mainly of strategic commodities and services in order to stabilize prices, ensure the implementation of general programs of the State, and of products directly traded by State-run enterprises. To expand the sector of people-run businesses, particularly the collective sector, increasing its proportion to 85-86% by 2010. The foreign-invested service commerce shall chalk up an average increase of 14%/year and its proportion in the total retain sale is expected to achieve around 4.5-5%.
- In the 2001-2010 period, to focus on strongly developing a number of key export items of the province such as garments, footwear, fine-art handicraft articles, mechanical, electric and electronic products, on-spot foreign currency-earning services (post and telecommunications, insurance, banking, tourism, labor export, etc.) To build and develop trade information center of the province, to step up trade promotion activities, set up export support funds; to establish overseas branches and/or representative offices of enterprises. To strive to achieve the province's export turnover of USD 7 billion by 2010, of which USD 1 billion for export footwear; USD 1.6 billion for mechanical, electric and electronic products, USD 350 million for garment....To expand the market shares in North America, Western European, Eastern Asian and some other new markets.
- Regarding tourism: To mobilize investment capital from various sources in order to exploit tourist routes and spots according to the approved planning in association with tourism of the whole region. In the immediate future. to focus on the exploitation of Buu Long tourist resort, on- Dong Nai river tourism, fruit-garden tourism (the grape-fruit village of Tran Trieu, Vinh Cuu district), Thai Mai tourist resort, hot-water lake, O Dong Truong island, back-to-the root tourism (D former resistance base, Sac jungle, Cat Tien national garden)....
d) Infrastructure system:
- To vigorously and synchronously develop the infrastructure system in the province, linking it with the common infrastructure system of the southern key economic region in order to contribute to boosting production and serving people's life, increasing the growth rate and proportion of the service sector as well as infrastructure for development of the province. The specific objectives of a number of domain are as follows:
- Communications: To upgrade the national highway 20 section to Da Lat-Lam Dong, and national highway 56 (former provincial road 2 of 18 km) to Ba Ria-Vung Tau into grade I, II roads; to upgrade the second section of provincial road 769 (Dau Giay-Long Thanh) into a national highway linking with national highway 20. To open express way from Ho Chi Minh City through Long Thanh to Dau Giay intersection (Thong Nhat district). To build a new national highway 1A section bypassing Bien Hoa city (the section from Ho Nai 3 to gate 11 Long Binh on national highway 51). Particularly, to build road and bridge across Dong Nai river (from Ho Chi Minh City to Nhon Trach) in association with the development of the whole region and the new urban center of Nhon Trach; to build a land route running through Binh Duong and Binh Phuoc provinces in order to expand exchanges and ensure regional defense and security. By 2010, all provincial roads shall be upgraded into grade III roads, to lay asphalt 100% of the roads (including roads 760, 761, 762, 763, 764, 765, 766, 767, 768,... and bridges of over 25 tons in load capacity; to lay asphalt 100% of the roads managed by districts, 60-70% of the roads managed by communes. 100% of the commune center clusters shall have asphalt roads linking with district roads, provincial roads, national highways.
- To build a railway line from Bien Hoa to Ba Ria- Vung Tau. To open intra-municipal roads in Bien Hoa city and Xuan Loc district town (Long Khanh district). To build an overhead railways section from Bien Hoa city to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Port system. To build new ports with the total capacity of 30 million tons/year, including river ports of Dong Nai, Go Dau A, Go Dau B, Phuoc An (Thi Vai river) and Phu Huu, special-use ports (COGIDO) and container dry ports.
- To build a system of car stations in districts and Bien Hoa city.
- To build airports such as Bien Hoa airfield, to build as soon as possible the international airport of Long Thanh, to rebuild field airports (which had been built before 1975) in service of general development of the whole region regarding industry, commerce and tourism, particularly mountainous areas.
- Post: To ensure smooth communications and information. By 2010, to build post offices in 100% of the communes; to achieve an average of 17 telephones per 100 persons. To invest in information infrastructure in order to expand the application of Internet, to raise the transmission speeds, particularly in industrial parks.
- Power supply: By 2010, to achieve the electricity output of 4.834 billion KWh, an average of over 2,000 KWh/person/year; to satisfy demands for electricity in service of production and daily-life activities in the locality, particularly industrial parks, concentrated industrial clusters, to achieve the set objectives.
- Water drainage and supply: To concentrate on increasing the capacity of the water plants in Thien Tanh, Nhon Trach, Long Binh, Tuy Ha, Xuan Loc district town, Bien Hoa city, etc., satisfying the demands for water in service of production and daily life. To raise the rate of using clean water to 120-150 liters/person/day by 2010.
- To build complete waste water treatment systems in Bien Hoa city, district towns, industrial parks, concentrated population quarters, not causing pollution, water logging in rainy seasons. To build garbage treatment plants in Bien Hoa city and districts so as to basically ensure the treatment of garbage in the locality.
- To repair and upgrade the existing irrigation works. At the same time to build new ones in service of agricultural production, to supply daily-life water for rural areas, particularly to build water reservoirs in northern districts of the province, to build anti-erosion system for Dong Nai river and continue solidifying water canals in service of agriculture.
e) Urban development:
- By 2010, the urban population shall represent 45- 50% of the province's population. The development of the urban networks in the province during the 2001-2010 period is expected to be adjusted as follows:
- To renovate a number of old urban centers such as Bien Hoa city and the district towns of Xuan Loc, Long Thanh, Gia Ray, Vinh An, Dinh Quan, Tan Phu and Trang Bom.
- To invest in infrastructure and prepare conditions for upgrading Long Khanh district into Long Khanh provincial town and adjust the boundaries of a number of districts to suit the development and management requirements in these localities.
- To build new urban centers: To concentrate investment on fast development of the urban center of Nhon Trach linking with Ho Chi Minh city and the whole region, and at the same time to develop other new urban centers such as Tam Phuoc, Go Dau- Phuoc Thai, Thanh Phu, Dau Giay, La Nga, Phuong Lam.
The new urban centers in the locality is expected to cover 15,000-16,000 ha, with a total population of around 1.1-1.2 million by 2010.
f) Human resource development:
- To qualitatively develop the human resources and contingents of skilled laborers. To attach importance to training and re-training of labor force available in the locality and laborers moving into the province from other areas. To diversify forms of accredited training between schools and training centers. To link training with production establishments, formulating centers for training high-grade technicians for industrial parks and spearhead branches requiring high qualifications. To attach importance to the training of managerial skills for the contingents of leading and managerial officials of different levels, suitable to the process of administrative reform, raising of quality of cadres, officials, to work out appropriate preferential treatment policies.
- To develop the human resources by way of raising the quality of education at all levels, the quality of the contingent of teachers, to consolidate the material and technical foundations in service of teaching and learning. To build technical workers' school in Long Thanh-Nhon Trach with the training majors in electricity, electronics, chemistry, foodstuff processing, textile, industrial tailoring, and the training scale of 500-1000 trainees/year. To build job-training centers and schools of the districts of Tan Phu-Dinh Quan, Vinh Cuu, Thong Nhat, Xuan Loc-Long Khanh.
g) To well coordinate with the localities in the southern key economic region right in stage of planning and in the process of directing and organizing the implementation thereof; particularly, to develop inter-regional infrastructure investment projects such as railways lines, land roads, electricity and water supply works, projects for environment treatment, protection of Dong Nai river water source....
h) Regarding socio-cultural development and environmental protection:
- By 2010, to complete the senior secondary education universalization. To attract 100% children of eligible age into grade 1; to have medical doctors in 100% of the communes for regular medical examination and treatment; to reduce 50% of contagious and communicable diseases; to have cultural and sport centers in communes and wards. Over 95% of the family households in the province to use clean water. There will be basically no poor household. Over 95% of the family households throughout the province use electricity. To strive to reduce the rate of malnourished children to below 7%. To consolidate the commune or ward health networks in service of medical examination and treatment as well as primary healthcare for people, to prevent and combat social diseases, to check the spread of HIV/AIDS epidemic. To build a general hospital in the heart of Dong Nai province with 700 hospital-beds, modern medical equipment and facilities, to build up district, commune health networks of national standards. To diversify forms of participation in medical services from social organizations and private sectors. To widely implement health insurance among the population.
Liên hệ Luật Minh Khuê
Was this helpful?
Write something you want us to know
Thanks for your feedback
Like us to get daily updates
- Decree 86/2019/ND-CP prescribing legal capital of credit institutions and foreign bank branches(14/11)
- Decree 87/2019/ND-CP amending Decree 116/2013/ND-CP detailing of Anti-Money Laundering Law(14/11)
- Decree 83/2019/ND-CP amendments Decree 94/2014/ND-CP establishment of natural disaster prevention(12/11)
- Decree 82/2019/ND-CP prescribing the import and breaking of used ships(12/11)
- Decree 81/2019/ND-CP preventing and countering proliferation of weapons of mass destruction(11/11)
- Circular 14/2019/TT-NHNN amendments to Circulars regulating the regular reporting regime(30/08)
- Circular 13/2019/TT-NHNN amendments to Circulars on licensing organization of credit institutions(21/08)
- Decree 59/2019/ND-CP Elaborating The Law on Anti-Corruption(01/07)
- Decree 56/2019/ND-CP elaboration concerning transport in the Law(24/06)
- Law 42/2019/QH14 amendments of Law on Insurance Business and Law on Intellectual Property(14/06)
Decision No. 115/2008/QD-TTg promulgating the Regulation on publicity of the management and use of state property at state agencies, public non-business units and organizations assigned to manage and use state property
Decision No. 115/2008/QD-TTg dated August 27, 2008 of the Prime Minister promulgating the Regulation on publicity of the management and use of state property at state agencies, public non-business ...
- Law No. 47/2010/QH12 dated June 29, 2010 of the National Assembly on Credit Institutions
- Decree No. 12/2015/ND-CP dated February 12, 2015
- Decree No. 05/2015/ND-CP dated January 12, 2015 of the Government guiding the implementation of a number of the Labor Code’s contents
- Law No. 68/2014/QH13 dated November 26, 2014 of the National Assembly on Enterprises
- Decision No. 1956/QD-TTg dated November 27, 2009 of the Prime Minister approving the scheme on vocational training for rural laborers up to 2020
- Decree No. 08/1998/ND-CP dated January 22, 1998 of the Government promulgating the regulation on the establishment of associations of foreign businesses in Vietnam
- Decision No. 46/2007/QD-BYT dated December 19, 2007 of the Ministry of Health on promulgation regulation of maximum level of biological and chemical pollution in food
- Circular No. 32/2013/TT-NHNN dated December 26th 2013 of the State Bank of Vietnam on guiding the implementation of regulations on restricting the use of foreign exchange within the territory of Vietnam
- Circular No. 05/2014/TT-NHNN dated March 12, 2014 of the State Bank of Vietnam guiding the open and use of indirect investment capital accounts for the implementation of foreign direct investment in Vietnam